Flushmaster not flushing

Posted on Tuesday, June 23, 2009 by Nicki

We have two Cobra Flushmaster flushvalves in our toilets at home, and recently the one refused to flush. I enquired as to pricing, and was shocked. A new one is about R2k. I spoke to the guys in the plumbing department at my local hardware store, and they suggested a seal kit at R200. I was quite scared of tackling this, as I could end up having to fork out R2k if I get it wrong...


It took about 1.5-2h to take it apart and replace the seals, taking care not to break anything in the process. I also cleaned gave it a thourough cleaning and lubed the moving parts with some wheel bearing grease. Imagine the relief when I put it all back together and it flushes like a new one. Now if I could get some goodies with the money saved...

0 Responses to "Flushmaster not flushing":